Community Facilities Committee
The role of this committee is look after all the facilities that the council either owns or leases from other bodies. It is responsible for:
- The play areas on the Mountford Field and the Dovehouse
- Maintaining trees and hedges and the regular grass cutting of council owned land
- Managing the Council Handyman
- Liaising with the Sports Association, Wellesbourne Sports and Community Centre Trustees and Chedham’s Yard Trustees who lease Parish land and properties and ensuring that they meet the terms of their leases
- Benches, paved areas on parish land and notice boards
- Managing and opening Dog Close to the public
- Overall control of the village hall which is leased from Walton estate
- Land adjacent to Newbold Road
- Further land and playgrounds will be part of the remit of this committee once they are signed over to the Parish Council
- The committee also manages the Christmas Lights contract and any developments of the lights in the village.
- The remit for the committee is large and will increase as time goes by line. We aim to improve the facilities in the village and try to respond to the needs of residents.